Thursday, November 8, 2007

196. Hi-Five - Keep It Goin' On (1992)


While their biggest hit was 'I Like The Way (The Kissing Game)', from their debut self-titled album, my favourite Hi-Five song has always been 'She's Playing Hard to Get'. So when it came time to pick between the two, 'Keep It Goin On' eventually got the call up. Thats not to say I didn't have my doubts about putting this album on here. I have to say, I've never been a fan of Tony Thompson's voice at all. It always sounded a bit too whiny and high for my liking. At the end of the day though, the melodies and sing-along-ability ( I just made up a word) of their more uptempo tracks have you singing so loudly you cant hear Tony anyway (of course having the likes of R Kelly and Teddy Riley producing for you doesn't hurt either. At least in my book). This album is a real slice of early nineties New Jack Swing, and while it hasn't necessarily aged well, its great for a bit of nostalgia. (R.I.P. Tony Thompson)

Download

Bonus: And since I'm a generous guy and figure a lot of people will disagree with me about this being a better album than their first....

Hi-Five - Hi-Five (1990)


Download

No comments: