Saturday, March 1, 2008

156. Babyface - For The Cool In You (1993)

I think i've mentioned previously that I don't care much for Mr Face's vocals, but I'll' be damned if he doesn't make some nice songs though. Back around the early middle nineties, i would be hard pressed naming a producer i liked more. If I hadn't been a broke student at the time i would've bought stock in LaFace records.
When i originally compiled the list i dont think it even crossed my mind to put a Babyface album on here, they just don't stand out to me like other albums do. When i actually got around to listening to his albums again, i realized that I really had to put the man on here somewhere. This album came out right around the time when his sound started to change a little bit. This album in particular sounds more mellow and less contemporary than stuff he had produced for other people previously. That almost sounds like a bad thing but the thing is it actually suits his voice quite well. Its a grown-up album for grown-ups. Highlights include, 'Never Keeping Secrets', 'For the Cool In You' and 'Ill Always Love You'.

There is another Babyface album on the list but you'll have to wait to see which one... ;)

Download

No comments: