Monday, December 10, 2007

186. Donell Jones - Journey of a Gemini (2006)

I am a big Donell Jones fan. I actually walked into the show late as my first experience listening to Donell was on his 1999 album 'Where I Wanna Be' (which you will see later on in the list). This album is slightly different to that album in that it isn't primarily produced by Donell himself. When I first heard that I asked myself, Why? Why would a man who is so obviously a talented song writer need any outside help? Well, as it turns out Donell knows Donell. This album is full of top notch tracks and surprisingly a lot of the good tracks are the uptempo ones (see 'Better Start Talkin'). This album would have been farther up the list but for the fact that it is only a year old. How will it stand up in 10 years time? I don't know but for now, I'm diggin' it.

Download
Part 1
Part 2

No comments: