Thursday, December 6, 2007

188. Vybe - Vybe (1995)

This is one album that i cant really say with any certainty is really any good. I like this album but I think that may have more to do with it being something I listened to a lot in my youth (because I didn't have anything else to listen to), rather than it actually reaching any sort of creative zenith or pushing any sonic boundaries. Its just a pleasant little album full of slow to mid-tempo tracks that all meld into one another upon first listen. It has a very summery feel to it (the track 'Warm Summer Daze' might have given that away) which takes you back to a time when music could simply do that and not always take itself so seriously. Unfortunately time moved on and left Vybe stuck in 1995 never to release another album. I almost envy them. *sniff*

Download

Bonus: Im going to try out the embed video function. If it doesnt work, ill get rid of it..

*edit* didn't work but theres a link anyway!

Video for 'Take it to the Front'

No comments: