Saturday, February 16, 2008

160. Eric Benet - True To Myself (1996)

3 albums in one day. Hope that makes up a bit for my absence!

I really liked this album when it came out, however this is another case where an artists' later material influenced my opinion of their earlier work. His subsequent albums did absolutely nothing for me, so I imagine that this album is probably not as good as I thought it was at the time it came out. Eric has a great voice there is no debating that. 'Lets Stay Together' is a nice track as is 'Femininity' and 'While You Were Here ' is my favourite song despite is melancholy subject matter. I think the production lets this album down a bit especially on the more uptempo tracks. It is rather unique sounding but unique doesn't always equal good.

Oh and nothing to do with his music but Eric looses 1 million points for cheating on Halle Berry. The man is obviously insane. ;)

Download

No comments: