Friday, January 18, 2008

171. Eric Cire - Ericcire.com (2005)

Damn. This album came out of nowhere for me. Being somewhat of a collector of albums (among other things) I don't get to listen to a lot of the stuff i acquire straight away. This one sat in the 'to listen to' pile for quite a while before I got around to giving it a listen but once I did i was annoyed at myself for not getting to it sooner. When I first heard it I think i described it to my wife as 'Brian McKnight meets Jagged Edge'. If you knew my taste you would know that thats a big rap from me. You can damn near listen to this album front to back but there are a few standouts. The album starts off with 'Ghetto Love Song', a catchy as hell way to start off an album. 'Love Vowels' and 'Ride It' are the kind of songs that I remember when i've finished listening and that burrow themselves into my brain, urging me at every opportunity to listen to them again. One complaint may be that some songs sound quite similar but its a small complaint. I sincerely hope we can get to hear another album from Eric sooner rather than later. It would be a shame if this ended up being his only album.

Download it now!

No comments: