Wednesday, January 2, 2008

180. J-Shin - My Soul, My Life (2000)

This is a nice little album from an artist that I will assume not many people will know about. (Not you though dear reader, i'm sure you know your stuff). Why J-Shin never made more of a splash I don't know because this album is really quite strong. A lot of the production sounds fresh (well it did in 2000) and there are some really catchy songs on here. J is a great singer (imagine the lovechild of Donell Jones and Tony Thompson - on second thought probably best not to) and obviously has an ear for a good melody. My favorites tracks include 'I'll Do It', 'Givin U Love' (try not singing along to that), 'Player Hater', 'Sex is Not'...damn i could go on and on. Matter of fact, can I change this album's place on the list? No? Well, anyway, DL it and have a listen, you wont be sorry.

Download

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, J-Shin.....not sure what happened to him though....he did come out with a second cd and then that was that......

GMC said...

He actually has 3 albums.
Born to Sing (2003) &
All I Got is Love (2006).
Neither do that much for me unfortunately. Shame cause this album is really good!