Saturday, January 5, 2008

178. Craig David - Slicker Than Your Average (2002)

I was working in a music store in a busy shopping centre when this album came out and I remember playing 'Eenie Meenie' so loud that centre security came by to tell me that people were complaining and could i please turn it down. Honestly I may have been a little over zealous as Craig's first album was just amazing and there was a huge amount of expectation on my part before this came out. I may have been looking for greatness rather than really listening. Looking back now, its an alright album but not something i often seek out to listen to. I still love 'Eenie Meenie' (especially - and strangely - Craig's attempt at rapping toward the end) 'Hidden Agenda' and '2 Steps' and there are more tracks that don't get the FF treatment if they pop up on the ipod. I have a lot of time for Craig David even though I've been quite disappointed with his stuff more recently. I'm looking forward to a bit more 2 step/garage-ish stuff from him once he gets over his seeming obsession with breaking into the American market.

Download

No comments: